.

.

Friday, July 3, 2020

Does my toner need to dry before applying cream?

The following came from one of my favorite clients: my mom! I think a lot of people have the same question, so I thought I’d share this one with you: 

I still have that [Yonka] toner you gave me, but I need a question answered. As you know, I use the dry skin cream but do I use the pink spray toner in between cream during the day? Also do I use the spray before or after the cream?

I get asked these same questions frequently. And the answers are very simply, really. First, you can use the spray toner as often as you want throughout any given day. But generally, on a daily basis (AM & PM), you want to:
  1. Clean your skin, towel dry
  2. Spray the pink toner
  3. Apply your moisturizing cream

In addition to the above, you can use the spray toner whenever you want to. For instance, you might feel like spraying it on in the middle of the day, just because. And that is fine! Your skin will love the hydrating quality of the Yonka pink toner (it contains glycerin, a hydrating ingredient), so feel free to spray away whenever you want as long as you do use it after cleansing and before moisturizing in your twice daily (morning and evening) skin care routine.

OK, then I guess you let the toner dry before applying the moisturizing cream?

Actually, you don’t need to let the spray of toner dry on your skin before putting your moisturizer on over it. I’d just spray the toner, then put your cream on when your skin is moist from the spray. This way your cream will glide easier over your skin and you aren’t waiting for the toner to dry. In general, applying your moisturizer over your just-sprayed toner is the way to do it.

Caution: there is a possibility you may not feel as hydrated if you apply your moisturizer on an over-saturated face where you’ve perhaps used too much toner. (If you’ve used too much, your toner will literally be dripping down your face.) And because of all that liquid, your cream might not “stick” to the skin like it would with a light coating of the spray toner. Generally, and with the Yonka toner specifically, the spray is a very fine mist, so you really don’t have to be concerned with overdoing it. Dripping will be an indicator! 

For more information, see: