As you may have read in other articles on this blog, rosemary is an excellent ingredient for many reasons. Namely, it helps stimulate blood circulation. It’s the oxygen and nutrients carried in the blood that feed and nourish skin cells. Along with better circulation, rosemary has a detoxifying effect as well. Due to its stimulating action, rosemary also helps to enliven the coloring of any skin. Translation: it helps make your skin look healthier—brighter, if you will.
From Yonka headquarters: Phyto 58 creams are deep, therapeutic nighttime balms that correct capillary fragility. Other benefits include tissue detoxification that results in improved firmness and tone, yellow and sallow tones are alleviated, and the 58 creams revive cellular function without a harsh, caustic action. The skin is deeply oxygenated, subtlety hydrated, destressed and well-rested with renewed clarity. Skin looks younger and plumped with a superb silky-smooth texture and radiance.
The emulsifying and texture agents of the Phyto 58 creams have been re-engineered by the Yonka laboratories in France improving the hydrating properties of these lovely rosemary creams.
Rosemary does have a somewhat strong aromatic, however I love it and most of my clients do too. But it definitely is not for everyone. If you haven’t given one of these rosemary creams a try, I highly recommend you do!
For those of you looking for an alternative to the now discontinued Phyto 54, one of the 58 creams (per your skin type) might be a good substitute. (Phyto 54 had 6% rosemary extract, FYI.)
- Rosemary extract: 3% in 58PS; 7.5% in 58PNG—oxygenates and detoxifies, vasoconstrictor, drains excess fluid from tissues, firms, antiseptic
- Corn and soy bean oil—balances sebum
- Wheat germ oil—nourishes, favors cell renewal
- Vitamins E and F—protects against free radical damage, speeds-up cellular healing
- Glucolipids extracted from corn—non-comedogenic, allows a richer emulsion, improved hydrating properties
- Sweet Almond oil [PS version]—nourishes and protects, favors cell renewal
- Sunflower oil [PS version]—neutralizes free radical damage
- Vitamins A and E—regenerating, anti-free radicals
- Yonka “Quintessence” (essential oils of thyme, lavender, cypress, geranium, and rosemary)—regenerating, energizing, detoxifying
Directions for use:
In the evening:
- After cleansing and spraying on Yonka Lotion toner
- Apply a pea-sized dollop of PHYTO 58 over face and neck
- Then use eye cream
For more information, see:
- Yonka’s Phyto 52—Rosemary cream for all skin types
- Essential Oils: a primer
- My review of Paula Begoun’s review of Yonka-Paris skin care products