Alpha-Complex will have a new name: ALPHA PEEL. I have been told the formulation has not changed, just the name. Therefore I will simply change all references to Alpha Complex to the rebranded name, Alpha-Peel.From Yonka headquarters:
ALPHA-COMPLEX is an AHA resurfacing, regenerating, anti-wrinkles concentrate. With an 8% concentration of AHA-rich fruit extracts, this renewing gel gently eliminates dead cell buildup that accumulates and can cause clogged pores and dehydration. It reveals a new fresh radiant skin, with smoothed wrinkles and lines, with refined texture.
As you may already know, if you have redness, irritation, rosacea, couperose, or sensitive skin, I would use this or any other AHA product with caution. Due to the acid compounds in this or products like it, AHAs can exacerbate any red, irritated skin condition, especially couperose and rosacea. Don’t trade one thing (smoother skin) for another (skin irritation). There is another way to exfoliate that is actually preferable—for everyone (in my opinion), which is Yonka’s Gommage. See link below.
- Botanical AHA’s 8% (glycolic, lactic, tartaric, and citric acids)—exfoliating, refining, hydrating, stimulates cell renewal
- Mimosa bark extract—regenerating, speeds healing, remineralizes, antioxidant
- Aloe vera—regenerating, soothing
- Hyaluronic acid—hydrating
- Beech tree extract—enzymatic action on cell renewal
- Vitamin B-5 (panthenol)—stimulates the metabolism
Directions for use:
In the morning and/or evening:
- After cleansing and spraying on Yonka Lotion toner
- Apply ALPHA-PEEL to the face and neck
- Avoid the lips and eyelids
- Use day or night treatment cream over the gel
- Apply eye cream
Note: You may experience a slight tingling sensation the first few times the product is applied. If you ever, with this or any product, feel a burning sensation, quickly remove the product (probably best to use your facial cleanser) and apply a soothing, cool compress.
For more information, see: