.

.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Yonka’s discontinued Serums and their replacement Boosters

I have worked with Yonka products for over 30 years. In the last five years, this product line has gone through more changes than in the previous twenty-five. Some changes I like, others I don’t. In all of the articles I write I give you my honest opinion as an aesthetician working with this line of products. I can say that I will always continue to use Yonka-Paris products, but I hope in my heart Yonka doesn’t lose its soul with all the changes taking place.

These 4 new Booster serums will replace some of the oldest products and formulations in the Yonka line. In one case, Hydra+ replaces Hydralia that recently replaced Dermols 1, 2 & 3. As I said, there has been a lot of changes with Yonka products! Defense+ is a brand new product in the line and will have a detailed article available soon.
   


Yonka Serum is one of the oldest and most loved products in the Yonka lineup. NUTRI+ booster is its replacement. 

As an aesthetician I have no say-so in the changes that take place with the products I use. It is sometimes a difficult task to encourage and support my clients to purchase and use a newer product when the “old one” was working just fine. I have yet to get a sample of this new serum, but I can only hope it hasn’t changed from the basic formulation of Yonka Serum.

Here is the information that Yonka headquarters has provided about this serum booster:

NUTRI+ Nutrition Booster with cereal germ oils
Are you feeling tired? Is your skin lacking comfort? Bid adieu to signs of tiredness, discomfort and dryness with NURTI+. Its incredible vitamin-packed cocktail give your skin an instant boost.

Its secret: cereal germ oils with a nourishing and regenerating action, combined with the 5 Quintessence Yonka essential oils [thyme, lavender, cypress, geranium, and rosemary]. Now revitalized and nourished, your skin is positively glowing.

Skin is nourished: 89%
Shows a boost in energy: 74%

The percentages the company uses (based on tests Yonka has performed on real people) seem wonderful at first glance but as a professional I don’t quantify products in this way. To say a skin care treatment gives your skin a “74% boost in energy” seems not only impossible to provereallybut it just sounds ridiculous to me. Regardless, using percentages is the new way Yonka is choosing to present their product information. Perhaps you, the consumer, like this kind of language. Anywhoif Nutri+ is anything like Yonka Serum, it will be a lovely, true-oil product that will help hydrate and boost circulation in your skin.

For more information, see:


HYDRA+ replaces the very recently replaced Dermols replaced by Hydralia. Confused? For years Yonka had glycerin-based hydration boosters called The Dermols (1, 2 and 3). The three different Dermol products were replaced in 2012 with one homogenized version called Hydralia. At the time, I made my thoughts known: I was disappointed that these 3 distinctly different products had all of the sudden become one. And now, Hydralia has been morphed into the new booster: Hydra-plus.

I have used this product in treatment. Like Dermol 3, Hydra+ also has blackcurrant extract. When Hydralia came out, I was disappointed Dermol 3 had been discontinued. It was great for sensitive, couperouse, and rosacea skin. With that said, the scent of Dermol 3 wasn’t everyone’s favorite. Now Hydra+ has this distinct blackcurrant aromatic. My hope is this doesn’t turn a lot of people off of Hydra-plus. I love this scent, but many people do not. Hydra+ works just like the Dermols and Hydralia did. Since Hydra+ is replacing Hydralia, this will be the only glycerin-based, non-oily choice for adding extra hydration without increasing oil in client’s skin. Here is what Yonka headquarters has to say:

HYDRA+ Hydration booster with blackcurrant
When your skin feels thirsty and taut, there is no time to lose. HYDRA+ is a real boost of hydrating active ingredients, including vegetable glycerin, which quenches its thirst instantly and efficiently. The 100% natural blackcurrant extract reinforces the cream's soothing feeling as soon as it is applied. Your skin is immediately softer, more comfortable and more supple.

Skin is better hydrated: +30% hydration

Several of my clients absolutely love this new product. The most common comment I hear is how this product really helped to relieve redness and sensitivity. Here is a comment from one of them:

I can’t believe how well HYDRA + worked! It reduced the redness of my skin to the point where I didn’t need to wear makeup. I love it!

For more information, see:


LIFT+ replaces Galbol 90. For me this is a non-event. I never used nor sold Galbol 90. I have always felt it was a superfluous product. I don’t believe a product, Yonka or not, can truly “lift” tissue that is sagging due to age and gravity. However, both this and Galbol 90 have exceptional ingredients. I just couldn’t ever find room for it in my skin care routine or recommend it to my clients. But try it and see if you get results. Let me knowI love hearing success stories! From headquarters:
 
LIFT+ Firmness Booster with rosemary
When your skin lacks tone, get things moving with Lift+. Core ingredients: 20 plants including rosemary with its firming and toning action, combined with the 5 Quintessence Yonka essential oils [thyme, lavender, cypress, geranium, and rosemary]. Skin is firmer and more toned. Face and neck shape is redefined.

Skin is firmer and toned: 90%

For more information, see:


DEFENSE+ is a totally new product from Yonka and does not replace any existing product in the line. Can it reduce the “appearance” of wrinkles by 25%? I will let you know once I’ve tried it. I have yet to receive any in depth information from Yonka regarding Defense plus. Once I do, I will pass it on to you. Here is what Yonka says about this new product:

DEFENSE+ Antioxidant Booster with pine tree polyphenols
UV rays, pollution, smoking, etc. Say no to the free radicals that weaken your skin and accelerates the aging process. Fight back by using Defense+. Its pine bark polyphenols, known to be incredible antioxidants, enhance your skin's resistance to external aggressions, and its cocktail of organic oils helps reconstruct the skin's protective barrier. Featuring the heart and soul of the Yonka brand DNA, 5 proprietary essential oils: Quintessence Yonka essential oils. Now resilient and better protected, your skin will become more radiant and beautiful, and signs of aging will be reduced.

Complexion is brighter: 75%
Complexion dullness is reduced: 80%
Overall wrinkle appearance: -25%



I will continue to update you on all the changes going on with Multaler, Inc/Yonka-Paris. I think change is basically good, but some changes are easier to take than others!

For more information, see: