.

.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

When to use a toner

Always use a toner after washing your face. Because you have slightly disrupted the pH of your skin while cleansing, you want to reacidify the surface (get it back to its natural acid state). Using toner after cleansing sets up the right environment for your skin to be balanced and then prepared for hydration (moisturizing). Your toner should be gentle enough that you can spray it throughout the day.

Whenever I go into my bathroom, I grab my toner and enjoy a refreshing spray mist. It’s a wonderful little treat for my face. In general, however, after you have thoroughly washed your face and neck (morning and evening) and patted your skin dry with a towel, use your toner. After cleansing and toning, your skin is ready for your third and final step, moisturizing.

For more informaiton, see: