.

.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sugar in sodas; breakouts on skin

Did you know that when you drink a 20 ounce soda, you may be getting as many as 16 teaspoons of sugar? Let me repeat that: sixteen teaspoons! Why not just take 16 teaspoons of sugar and add them to a glass of water? Of course you would never drink a glass of water with that much added sugar, yet that is exactly what you are doing when you drink sodas. Plus you get the added “benefit” of a bunch of chemicals that may or may not be carcinogenic (cancer causing).

If I drank just one soda per day, by the end of only one week I would have numerous little blemishes on my face. If I continued for one more week, those spots would become larger and more widespread. Finally, after just a few weeks of consuming only one soda per day, I would have a big skin problem on my hands. That’s because I am sensitive to sugar. Are you?

For some other articles about sugar and skin, see: